Labour MEPs have delivered action to protect and enhance people’s workplace rights:
• Ensuring part-time workers have same rights as full-time workers
• Strengthening protections for workers exposed to hazardous substances
• Giving working parents the right to maternity and paternity leave
Brexit puts all this at risk when there is still so much to do.
Labour MEPs’ agenda for reform includes:
• Banning exploitative zero-hours contracts throughout the EU
• New laws on work-life balance including the right to paid carers’ leave
• Ending the exploitation of migrant workers and undercutting of wages
Labour MEPs are working with socialist sister parties to reform the EU and deliver progressive change for people in Britain.