Labour MEPs have delivered action to tackle tax avoidance:
• Ensuring tax is paid in the jurisdiction where profits are made
• Eliminating the main loopholes used in corporate tax avoidance
• More transparency with public countryby-country reporting of profits
Brexit puts all that at risk when there is still so much to do.
Labour MEPs’ agenda for reform includes:
• Fair taxation of digital tech giants like Facebook, Google and Amazon
• New laws to clamp down on tax evasion, which costs EU countries £700bn/year
• A ‘Robin Hood’ tax on financial transactions to help fund public services
Labour MEPs are working with socialist sister parties to reform the EU and deliver progressive change for people in Britain.