Labour MEPs have delivered action to fight discrimination:
• Banning discrimination at work or in education on grounds of race, gender or ethnicity
• Equal treatment in the supply of goods and services
• Guaranteeing rights to assistance for travellers with reduced mobility
Brexit puts all this at risk when there is still so much to do.
Labour MEPs’ agenda for reform includes:
• An Equal Treatment Directive to expand protection against discrimination
• A binding EU Gender Equality Strategy to close the pay and pension gaps
• Removal of legal obstacles for LGBTI people to live freely throughout the EU
Labour MEPs are working with socialist sister parties to reform the EU and deliver progressive change for people in Britain.