Vacancy - EPLP General Secretary - 2012-08-24
Salary - £59,526-£66,425
We are looking for an exceptional individual who can make a real impact in helping our work towards creating a more effective EU.
You will assist us in ensuring that the EPLP is an effective organisation which achieves our objectives and long term strategy.
- The effective management of staff based in the Secretariat’s two offices in London and Brussels and ensuring that the Secretariat adds value to the work of the EPLP.
- The formulation,monitoring and control of budgets.
- Raising the profile of the EPLP delegation within the broad European agenda
- Advising on and implementing a strategic plan for the EPLP delegation
- Networking and maintaining strong relations with organisations and individuals to further the work of the EPLP
A person who has a proven track record as an effective manager is required. You need to be a credible and effective influencer, having integrity, resilience and a ‘can do’ attitude. High levels of financial and staff management skills are essential, as is evidence of the ability to deliver effective outcomes.
You must have evidence of working effectively within a political setting, achieving high levels of confidence and trust.
Support of the broad European agenda and sharing the values and vision of the EPLP delegation are also essential requirements.
The post is based in London and will require weekly travel to the European Parliaments in Brussels and Strasbourg during each Parliamentary session.
For a confidential discussion on this post please contact our advising consultant John Windle on 0771 252 6354